CSL Corporate Responsibility Report
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring Fact Sheet 2015/16
CSL Behring is committed to saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases, worldwide.
We trace our corporate roots back to Emil von Behring, an innovator within serum therapies who won the first Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine. Innovation remains a core value of the company today.
CSL Behring’s comprehensive line of therapies includes:
- Plasma-derived and recombinant coagulation factors for the treatment of hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and other bleeding disorders
- Immunoglobulins for the treatment of primary immune deficiency (PID), idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and other disorders
- Immunoglobulins for the prevention of hemolytic disease of the newborn
- Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor for chronic A1-PI augmentation therapy in adult Alpha-1 patients with emphysema
- Immunoglobulins for the prevention of cytomegalovirus infection (CMV) in organ transplantation
- C1-INH concentrate, a plasma-derived intravenous therapy containing the protein that is missing or defective in patients with hereditary angioedema
- Treatments that inhibit the formation of blood clots
- Wound-healing agents used during major surgical procedures
- Albumin for the treatment of burns, shock, and circulatory disorders
Our products are produced at facilities in Bern, Switzerland; Marburg, Germany; Kankakee, Illinois,USA; and Broadmeadows, Australia, in accordance with international safety and quality standards. The company also operates CSL Plasma, one of the world’s largest plasma collection networks throughout the United States and Germany. CSL Behring employs more than 14,000 people in 30 countries.
We are passionate about safety, quality and the customers we serve. Our extensive research and development and range of support services demonstrate our ongoing commitment to all who count on our products.